CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gaining 3 kids and a little perspective

This week I have the great pleasure of hosting three girls from Africa. These sweet girls come from the poorest of poor communities in Africa. The poverty and disease is overwhelming.

Today is Sunday - I started this post on Monday. The day after I got the girls. Already I felt as if I was gaining perspective - and yet, if I had completed the post it would have come no where close to what I have gained this week.

In perspective, humbleness, love, fear, and desire.

I have learned that I am capable of more love than I could ever imagine. I have also learned that, in some ways, I do not have as much patience as I would like.

I learned that sometimes I let pride get in the way.

I learned that fear can make you quit or egg you on. This week I let it egg me on and was richly rewarded.

I learned that letting go is hard, but when you do so with love, you will gain much.

I learned that I will never, ever get as much done as I would like to. And that no one will care.

I learned that words unspoken can hurt.

I learned that real love is a universal language. Love in a real hug feels so good.

I learned that I am furiously protective - not only of my own family but of those who need it most.

I learned that it is okay to say no, even if it doesn't feel good or make others happy.

I learned so much more in a week than I can ever put in to words. I learned that my story is evolving and it might just be a good one.

What did you learn this week?

Nettie

0 comments: