CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

What a week.

I didn't intend to take such a long break. It's not like I didn't have a ton to write about ... I did!
But I have found that to blog seriously, takes time and effort. I guess this is sort of like a diary of my soul, but I don't want all my *stuff* to just ooze off onto the page. I'd like for it to make a little bit of sense.

I continued to pray with DD2 this week. Some days we did better than others. I also tried to read some scripture with her each morning ... well with her isn't exactly truthful - more like to her ... she sits and eats her Cheerio's/Life/Bagel/Toast/Whatever she has for breakfast, and I read.

At the beginning of the year our Pastor gave us a Bible reading schedule to follow for the year. There's a handy little check off sheet and in theory you should be able to get through the Bible in a year.

Yea, not in my house. There are generally 4 chapters to read a day and although that doesn't sound like a lot, it is when you have to pay attention to what you are reading. So, I am doing what I can.

February has us reading Leviticus (not exactly good breakfast reading) and Acts. And I am reading them as I am able ... but I keep being drawn to Psalms.

Psalms 34 to be exact. I know that I said it last week, but I am telling you this Psalm just keep coming back to me - over and over and over. In fact, when I randomly open my Bible, I swear it goes directly to this passage ... now I know enough to know that God is trying to tell me something .. I just need to listen more intently!

OK, so there is that ...

On to the week.

We started an Alpha Course last Sunday and since I have volunteered to help in the kitchen, the girls and I were there with bells on. But not before NB2 threw up in the car on the way to the church. Bleck! Thanks goodness that Hubby was going to be picking her up anyway, so he met us in the parking lot and took her pukey self home.

Tuesday night was Bible study night ... but before that DD2 had her first official horse riding lesson. She had so much fun - and she actually got to ride, which we didn't anticipate ...

Wednesday was a Valentines Dinner at church. The youth put on the dinner and they did such an amazing job. We truly have some of the greatest kids in our congregation. They are raising money to go to a conference in California and a mission trip to Mexico. They needed to raise $9,000 - and they did. Not just with this dinner - but through car washes, bake sales, chili's feeds ... these kids absolutely pull together and get it done.

And they are talented too. Musically, artistically, dramatically. It just cool stuff to watch them in action - I couldn't help but think if I had met just one kid like any of these kids, when I was their age ... well my life would have certainly turned out differently.

They are on fire for Jesus and there is just no other way to put it. I am so grateful that Christ led me to the church ... I know it is going to do wonders for my kids as they grow older ...

Let's see ... Thursday was get the house clean and back in working order day. I did and it was ... until yesterday :O)

Friday I cooked more or less the entire day. I made treats to take to the Women's retreat rehearsal on Saturday - which didn't actually happen, but that is an entirely different story.

Then I started on the Italian Layered Meatloaf that I made for the auction winners (I'll fill you in on that later).

Saturday ... hmmmm .... more cooking. I went to deliver the treats to the church - only to discover that the date they needed them was actually next month ... ah well. So, we went home to put together the meatloaves ... and then delivered them last night.

Whew. It was a week I'm tellin' you! There was more, I know ... but my brain is a little hazy right now and I am going back to church in a couple of hours for Alpha - so I think I am going to take a cat nap :O)

Nettie


For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.- Romans 8:38-39

1 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I hear you girl--talk about the whirl wind we call life. It is amazing that we don't forget where we are going and who we are. O.k, sometimes I have forgotten where I was going. :)
Sounds like you had a great valentines day. I am going to read the Psalms you were talking about. I am having the same thing happening to me ---but it is the last two chapters of Jonah. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work.