CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 26, 2007

My heart is in the right place.

I just wish that I could get the rest of me caught up.

I want to write (post) ... there are many things each day that I think oh ... I could write about this or that would make an interesting topic ... but then at the end of the day I am just too wiped out to do it.

Last week was an OK week. Just as busy as the week before. I managed to pray with DD2, but didn't manage to keep up on the scripture end of things. I could feel it too ... as if we were lacking something each day .. as if we were struggling because we didn't start the day out right. Funny, I didn't attribute it to that, but I realize (now) that we were calmer when we started each day with scripture ... less hectic. Definitely going to make a better effort this week.

Had to take NB2 to the Dr. last week. So traumatic. Her iron is low and so they had to draw blood. Let me tell you ... there wasn't a dry eye in the place. She fought good and hard - ultimately they got what they needed but it really took the wind out of her sails. She forgot for a while, after she slept, only to be reminded when she saw the band aid again. Ugh. That part of parenting ... yea, I could do without it.

It snowed yesterday. Yikes. Almost March and SNOW... so done with it! It didn't stay, thank goodness.

NB1 went to play with a friend after church today, so it was just NB2 and I ... as hard as it is for me, I decided to just sit still and watch a movie with her. Those times are so few and far between, just to the two of us ... and well, her wanting to sit with me. I know that part will not last much longer. I held her tightly in my lap, her head resting on my shoulder, her hair tickling my chin - I just breathed her in ... you know what I mean. Just smelling her littleness, her innocence ... the goodness of her. I am already missing that feeling.

When I took her (NB2) to the Dr. this week, they said that I should start to cut back her milk intake ... (2% in a cup - not breast milk, she has been weaned there for quite some time ...) and although I know it is custom, I want to know why? She likes milk. She drinks quite a bit, but less than she did 6 months ago ... and that was less than the 6 months prior to that. Why should I make her give up something that gives her comfort? She doesn't drink it in a bottle. She doesn't have it in the middle of the night (anymore) ... she eats a good, balanced diet. She isn't overweight - or underweight ...

I guess I am feeling like everyone is in a hurry for our babies to grow up and be like everyone else ... whatever that means. And I want my baby to be a baby - until she isn't a baby anymore.

Well, long ramble there .... I am probably hormonal today ... or something :O)

Hope your Monday is good.

Nettie


“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.”- 1 John 4:9

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

The emotional roller coaster of parenting. You got to love it. Hope ya'll are doing good. Time in the word makes such a difference. It keeps me centered. I almost dread really busy weeks because I get off my schedule. Kind of like our kids when they miss their naps everything around them suffers.
May the peace of God guard your heart mind and spirit.

Unknown said...

Just stumbled on your blog and boy have you been busy..Hope everyone is well. I cant wait to read more !